Rene Lalique house in Havana

Hello all!

I’m querying the collective wisdom of ARLISians about a vexing research question.  In perusing a picture book on Havana architecture, I became aware of a sumptuous Art Deco house in Havana with glass by Rene Lalique.  Also, the family had a mausoleum in the Colon Cemetery built and decorated by Rene Lalique with a unique glass altar, screen, and entry doors.  So far, I cannot locate the name of the house or mausoleum’s owner.  Connie Glenn of CSU Long Beach actually went to a reception at the house, so apparently the Cubans recognize the house as something special.  Does anyone have a thorough guidebook to Havana, the Colon Cemetery, or to Cuba?  It’s pictured in Havana: History and Architecture of a Romantic City by Maria Luisa Lobo Montalvo, with the collaboration of Zoila Lapique Becali and Alicia Garcia Santana, and published by Monacelli Press, New York, 2000.  I’m looking for any additional information possible, including floor plans, list of Lalique glass, etc.  P.S. I know Cuba is on our “restricted country” list.

Thanks in advance to a great group of sleuths!

Linda Zoeckler

Head, Huntington Art Reference Library

1151 Oxford Road

San Marino, CA, 91108

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]