This is my specialty, and I offer a list of the too-few journals that have
dealt in an ongoing, substantive manner with the wide-ranging work that
exists within the general category of artists' books. I hope it helps.

Betty Bright
Independent art historian and curator
-----

Afterimage. Bimonthly journal that often reviews multiple bookworks. Visual
Studies Workshop. 31 Prince Street, Rochester, NY  14607. Email:

Ampersand. Quarterly journal of the Pacific Center for the Book Arts.
Pacific Center for the Book Arts. 300 DeHaro Street, San Francisco, CA
94103. On the web: www.pcbaonline.net.

Art on Paper. Monthly journal (except February and August) that carries
the³Artist Book Beat,² column by Nancy Princenthal, and ³Photo Book Beat,²
by Jean Dykstra. 39 East 78th Street, New York, NY 10021. On the web:
www.artonpaper.com.

Hand Papermaking. Twice-yearly journal, includes feature articles, reviews,
etc. P.O. Box 77027, Washington, D.C. 20013-7027. On the web:

Parenthesis. Twice-yearly fine printing journal, Fine Press Book
Association. North American Membership Secretary, Morva Gowans, 3235 West
Tenth Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia  V6K  2L3. Email:

Umbrella. Twice-yearly journal of news and reviews on the arts, including
artistsı books and mail art. Judith Hoffberg, editor. P.O. Box 3640, Santa
Monica, CA 90408. Email: [log in to unmask]