Hi!
A few years back the MFA Houston had a masking exhibit and there was a wonderful text: Masks: Faces of Culture by John Nunley 1999.
Another text is Down From the Shimmering Sky: Masks of the Northwest Coast by Peter MacNair 1998.
These might be helpful clues since they were both published to accompany exhibitions.

Good luck
Elise B

Elise J. Brown
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Kendall College of Art and Design
17 Fountain Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3102
616-541-2787 ext. 1123

"K.A.B." <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>

12/09/2004 04:26 AM
Please respond to
"K.A.B." <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: [ARLIS-L] Pacific NW art poster

This did prove to be quite a stumper!  There
seems to be no on-line source for such images,
although I am sure I have seen them in museum
gift shops.
You could try contacting some museum shops;
perhaps they have jpg images of their posters
which they could forward to you.
1) Museum of Anthropology at the Univ. of
 British Columbia, [log in to unmask]
2) Royal British Columbia Museum,
3) Burke Museum of Natural History and
 Culture (Univ. of Washington)
4) Seattle Art Museum, [log in to unmask]

--K.A. Bayruns
  Seattle, Washington