From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Melanie Emerson
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 9:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Digitized Exhibition Catalogues

I'm pleased to announce that the early (1886-1923) DIA Exhibition
Publications are digitized and now available online. Additionally, I'd
like to thank everyone who was involved in making this project come
together, particularly Jackie Wrosch of DALNET for creating this feature
on the Library Resources page. As well as Jennifer Gustafson who
initiated the project and Danielle Kaltz who completed the seemingly
endless task of scanning.

This will be a great resource for staff as well as outside researcher,
especially while the Library & Archives' collections are in storage. An
original copy of each publication will remain available in the Reference
Collection, however this will help eliminate excessive handling of these
rare and fragile items.

Please visit the Library Resources page and click on the "Exhibition
Catalogues" tab: http://dia.dalnet.lib.mi.us/

I look forward to any feedback you might have regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Melanie E. Emerson
Acting Head Librarian
Detroit Institute of Arts Research Library & Archives
5200 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48202 USA
tel. 313.833.7926 or fax 313.833.7926