Apologies for cross-posting!

Interested individuals in the New York Metropolitan area are invited to
join the METRO Digitization SIG for its meeting December 6, 3:30-5:30
p.m., on the topic of "Monetarizing your Digital Collection". The
meeting will be held at METRO Headquarters (57 W. 11th Street, 4th floor).

Nigel Frith of Alecto Historical Editions (see
http://www.alectouk.com/about_alecto.htm) will speak about his company’s
experiences working in cooperation with museums and libraries to publish
plates and facsimiles of historical materials, as well discussing other
approaches and options for marketing products derived from your
collections (e.g. see http://www.francisfrith.com/). Tom Lisanti
(Manager, Photographic Services & Permissions) of the New York Public
Library and Michael Lorenzini (Photography Unit) of the New York City
Municipal Archives also will discuss experiences at their institutions
of efforts (successful and/or less so) to generate revenue from their
digital collections.

Please drop me a note if you plan to attend so I can have a sense of
numbers to plan for. Look forward to seeing you for a lively panel
discussion!

Sincerely,

Claudia Perry

Claudia A. Perry, MLS, Ph.D.
METRO DigiSIG Co-Convenor
Associate Professor
Graduate School of Library and Information Studies
Queens College, CUNY
Flushing, NY 11365