From the IraqCrisis list
https://listhost.uchicago.edu/mailman/listinfo/iraqcrisis

a message with info about a new title & about the cessation of a journal.

Very sad.
AR
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:13:15 -0600
From: Charles E. Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Khaled Nashef writes from Amman:

Dear Colleagues,

This is a short notice to inform you of my new Email address and
present condition.

Twice, in September and October 2002, the Israeli border authorities
prevented me from reentering Palestine, without giving any reason.
Attempts from different parties, including the Austrian Embassy in
Amman, to solve the problem were not successful.  Not being able to
return back and resume my work at Birzeit University, I was forced
to resign as Director of the Institute of Archaeology.  One major
consequence of these developments was the closure of the Institute,
a serious setback to Archaeology in Palestine.  Unfortunately also
the Journal of Palestinian Archaeology had to be terminated,
thus putting an end to a promising and pioneer experiment in
Palestinian archaeology.

In the meantime, I have settled and established myself in Amman,
Jordan. I am pleased to inform you of the following publication
in Arabic:

Khaled Nashef, Destruction of Iraqi Cultural Heritage: Unfolding of
the Calamity. Beirut: Dar Al-Hamra, 2004 (actually published October
2003).

  With this new publication, I look forward to renew and refresh my
contact to colleagues in Assyriology and Mesopotamian culture.

Khaled Nashef
Email: [log in to unmask]

Arabic title: Tadmir al-turath al-hadari al-`Iraqi : fusul al-karithah