I hope someone can help us regarding the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
magazines. In May 2004 we received "Connect," a big (45 cm.)
calendar/magazine which continued "At the Museum." We received vol. 42,
nos. 3 (May/June 2004) through 5 (Sept./Oct. 2004).

I now have before me "At LACMA," vol. 42, no. 6 (Oct./Nov./Dec. 2004) which
includes calendars for those months. The blurb on the cover is "museum
members magazine" and it's a letter-sized, stapled, colored glossy. Aside
from the calendars it includes the kind of newsy previews and blurbs you
would expect of a members' magazine.

Our acquisitions dept. believe that "At the Museum" split into "Connect"
and "At LACMA." They had a letter from LACMA back in May that implied
something of the sort but was vague with details (maybe LACMA changed its
mind about issuing 2 publications?).

But I'm looking at "At LACMA," with its calendars and continuation of the
"Connect" numbering and wondering if this continues "Connect". Or is it
truly a sister publication, and if so, are they going to alternate
numbering with "Connect" or will both titles carry the same numbering?

The publication itself says nothing, their website doesn't even mention
their magazines (as far as I can tell), RLIN and OCLC don't have updated
info, and LACMA is printing the same ISSN (which was the ISSN of the dead
"At the Museum") on both titles (shame on them).

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Should we be getting 2 LACMA
publications every other month, or just "At LACMA"?

Thanks in advance for any insights...

Kay Teel
Serials Catalog Librarian and Cataloger for the Arts
Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources