Dear Colleagues:

We are also following this discussion with interest.

For whatever it is worth, our recon project is nearly complete and will be officially done by the end of this year (this is a firm date).  This means that all entries in our printed catalog will be in WATSONLINE, EXCEPT analytics for articles in publications other than the Museum's BULLETIN and JOURNAL.

The contents of the auction/sale catalog volumes will also be included by the end of the year (though it should be noted that WATSONLINE will not reflect our complete holdings of auction/sales catalogs for some time yet -- beyond the beginning of 2005).

As B.J. Irvine Kish has wisely counseled, these printed catalogs will never be replicated by the "equivalent" online versions in every respect.

Best regards,

Linda Seckelson
Head of Reader Services
Thomas J. Watson Library