ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

Several of you have asked about Penn State’s experience with testing ArtSTOR.  Some of you who knew that we were capturing some data on ARTstor use, have been curious about the results.  We are sorry that they have taken so long to prepare.  In addition to usual interruptions and the usual time it takes to work with data, Henry spent more than the usual time trying to understand what they might mean.

We were a bit disappointed about how much information we were able to obtain from our “authentication logs.”  These logs captured (anonymously) users’ ID’s and categorized them by department, campus, and status (faculty, staff, student, etc.).  Because of the limited test period, the biggest impact of the data was that it made us want more data.  Nonetheless, there were some interesting points from the test period that we think should be shared.  They are contained in the 3-page document posted at:
http://www.libraries.psu.edu/artshumanities/art/artstor.htm

Cheers,

Henry Pisciotta
Arts and Architecture Librarian

Caroyln Lucarelli
Art History Department Visual Resources Curator
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]