From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Sara J. MacDonald
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 1:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Researching give-away/"free toy" objects

Dear ARLIS members,

I have a senior graphic design major who wants to do her senior thesis
(they
design a book) on the little give-away toys and action figures that come
in
boxes of tea, Cracker Jack, fast food meals, etc.  Can any of you
recommend
any sources for research on this kind of object?  The closest I've come
is
some articles on WilsonWeb which I found under the subject
PREMIUMS/COLLECTORS AND COLLECTING.  The only books I've found are the
price
guide sort of books.

When I was little and went to the dentist we got to choose a free little
rubber animal - wish I had them now!

Thanks very much -

Sara
Sara J. MacDonald, Public Services Librarian
The University of the Arts - University Libraries
320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia PA 19102 USA
Voice: 215-717-6282 Fax: 215-717-6287
[log in to unmask]    http://library.uarts.edu/