I haven't always been very active on ARLIS-L but I have found it very useful
in my career as a cataloger and will recommend that everyone here at the
Nelson continues to utilize this important resource.

I am retiring on Sept. 17th after almost 24 years as an art library
cataloger.  My husband and I and our two cats are retiring to a house on
Sugar Loaf Mountain at the Lake of the Ozarks here in our home state of
Missouri.  We will be located about 30 minutes from my home town of Lebanon,
Mo.; they have a new library that includes a new Route 66 Museum and I will
probably volunteer there in the future.  We will be about 40 minutes from my
sister's farm and will be able to spend more time with our nephew who will
be 8 in October.  I will also volunteer at the library of the school my
nephew attends, Gasconade C4.

While I'm obviously looking forward to this next chapter in our lives, it is
also a sad time and hard to take leave of my friends and fellow art
librarians.  I will particularly miss my colleagues from ARLIS/NA and the
ARLIS/CP chapter.  I hope to attend some the future ARLIS/CP meetings.

But for now, au revoir, and keep on crankin' out those beautiful art books.

Jane Zander

Senior Catalog Librarian

Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art

4525 Oak Street