Hello,

My name is Jason Eiseman and I am an MLS student through the Emporia State
University
distance program in Portland, OR. I have a group project with several other
students in a class called Theory of Organization of Information. It is
essentially an introduction to cataloging. Our project is to give a
presentation about the AAT and it's role in the organization of information.
I know that many people on this list probably work with the AAT. I was
hoping
that some of you might have the time to answer some questions we had.

The questions we have are below. If you would like, and contact me
privately, I can give you contact
information for the Professors for the course, and our Program Coordinator.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me if
you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jason

I, personally, am having trouble understanding how one uses the AAT. If you
could explain the process you go through to catalog an item using the AAT,
that would be very helpful.

Could you explain the concept of using the facets in the AAT, and how those
facets help classify items?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the AAT from your
viewpoint?

Is AAT the only tool you use?

Do clients/non librarians use the AAT as well?

Did anyone take a class on how to use the AAT?

In what ways does the hierarchy system help classify the concept--how much
information is taken from the AAT and used in the record?