The Ryerson and Burnham Libraries invite applications for the
position of Catalog Librarian.

JOB CODE: MC/448 W
DUTIES.  Catalogs and classifies new materials in all languages for
the Libraries' collections using DDC21, LCSH, AACR, RLIN and Innopac.
Processes all Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language materials,
including pre-order searching, receiving, and cataloging.  Works with
the bibliographer and the Asian Art Department in selecting CJK
materials for the Libraries' collections. On a rotating basis,
assumes responsibility for the reference desk. Other duties in
Technical Services Department as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS.  Required: MLS; working knowledge of Chinese,
Japanese, and Korean; familiarity with cataloging principles and
procedures including AACR2, LCSH, USMARC formats, and DDC; and the
ability to work flexibly and creatively in a changing environment.
Preferred: previous experience cataloging CJK materials at a
professional level; experience with RLIN, Innopac, and the Macintosh
operating system; NACO experience; and familiarity with standard
reference tools in the fields of art history and architecture.

To apply, we strongly urge you to e-mail or fax your cover letter and
resume to the Human Resources Department. Our e-mail address is:
[log in to unmask]  Our fax number is (312) 857-0141.

When e-mailing, please remember to put the MC code of the position as
the subject line. Cover letters and resumes also may be faxed to the
Art Institute at (312)857-0141. Again, please refer to the MC code
when applying by fax.

If it is not possible for you to e-mail or fax us, please send your
resume and cover letter to the following address:
The Art Institute of Chicago
Human Resources Department
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603

Please include the MC  code on the outside of the envelope.

The Art Institute of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.