Shannon and Miguel,

let me know how to help.  This is certainly a good celebration to be a part
of and I always love a party.

Been sick and moving; just got back today.

lucie

At 08:22 AM 6/8/2004 -0400, svk wrote:
>>Next year the Gay and Lesbian Interests Roundtable will celebrate its 15
>>year anniversary.Ê As incoming chair, I originally envisioned a
>>"quinsenera" (Sweet 15) celebration involving Mariachi's (since we will
>>be in Houston).Ê A lot has happened since GLIRT first came into existence
>>and it needs to be celebrated.Ê Since we did not get it together to
>>submit a proposal for Houston, I suggest that we still celebrate GLIRT's
>>Sweet 15 years with possibly a reception at a restaurant and maybe
>>dancing and festivities at a dance place afterwards-here's the clincher-I
>>need others to assist me with planning and coordinating this soirŽe,
>>anyone up to it?Ê This endeavor can include other roundtables, as well.
>>Miguel Juarez, Fine Arts Librarian
>
>Clearly the Diversity Committee and its supporters should be supporting
>this event.
>
>Maybe GLIRT members can identify tasks that need to happen in Houston and
>tasks that can be completed from elswhere to ensure the success of this
>event, then the call can go out.
>--shannon
>
>--
>Shannon Van Kirk
>Head, Wertz Art & Architecture Library
>7B Alumni Hall
>Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
>tel.: (513) 529-6650
>FAX: (513) 529-4159

Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Information Services Librarian
Librarian for Art, Classical Archaeology,
Architectural History, and Drama
Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4131

tele. 434-924-6604           [log in to unmask]                   fax: