Re: [ARLIS-L] GLIRT @ 15
Next year the Gay and Lesbian Interests Roundtable will celebrate its 15 year anniversary.Ê As incoming chair, I originally envisioned a "quinsenera" (Sweet 15) celebration involving Mariachi's (since we will be in Houston).Ê A lot has happened since GLIRT first came into existence and it needs to be celebrated.Ê Since we did not get it together to submit a proposal for Houston, I suggest that we still celebrate GLIRT's Sweet 15 years with possibly a reception at a restaurant and maybe dancing and festivities at a dance place afterwards-here's the clincher-I need others to assist me with planning and coordinating this soirŽe, anyone up to it?Ê This endeavor can include other roundtables, as well.
Miguel Juarez, Fine Arts Librarian

Clearly the Diversity Committee and its supporters should be supporting this event.

Maybe GLIRT members can identify tasks that need to happen in Houston and tasks that can be completed from elswhere to ensure the success of this event, then the call can go out.
--shannon
--
Shannon Van Kirk
Head, Wertz Art & Architecture Library