The daughter of our benefactor recently acquired a painting titled
"Waterfall" by Thomas Hill.  She was told by the gallery that Hill
signed all of his paintings in vertical strokes in the bushes and rocks
of his paintings.  We have been unable to locate a Hill signature
anywhere in this painting.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone
familiar with Hill's works who can give me additional information about
either this painting or Hill's method of signing his works.  Thanks in
advance.
Julie Holcomb

--
Julie Holcomb, MLIS, CA
College and Special Collections Archivist

Phone: 903-875-7438 ~ Fax: 903-875-7593
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Internet: http://www.pearcecollections.us/ or
http://www.navarrocollege.edu/library/archives/

"Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they
please; they do not make it under
circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly
found, given, and transmitted
from the past.  The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a
nightmare on the brain of
the living." Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire