Another relevant article is Philip Pacey's "How art students use
libraries--if they do"
From _Art Libraries Journal_ spring 1982.

***********************************
Susan E. Thomas
Reference Librarian
Pratt Institute Library
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
telephone: 718-636-3680
fax: 718-399-4401
email: [log in to unmask]
***********************************

To walk is to vegetate,
to stroll is to live.
-Balzac

-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Francesca Frati
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 6:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] How fine arts students use library materials

Dear Miguel,

Here a few studies and papers that I came across while exploring the
relationships between practising and non-practising artists, information
seeking behaviour, and Myers-Briggs personality profiles:

Frank, P. (1999), Student artists in the library: An investigation of
how they use general academic libraries. Journal of Academic
Librarianship, 25, 445-456.

Kolganova, I. (1995). Creative co-operation between librarian and
artists in the Russian State Arts Library. Art Libraries Journal, 20(2),
25-27.

Reed, B., & Tanner, D.R. (2001). Information needs and library services
for fine arts faculty. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 27, 229-234.

Stam, D.C. (1995). Artists and art libraries. Art Libraries Journal,
20(2), 21-24.

While only one deals specifically with student artists they all give
interesting glimpses into the particular information needs and habits of
artists, their relationship to libraries and librarians, and do discuss
how these differ from students/persons working in other disciplines. I
hope they will be of some use to you.

Cheers,
FF