-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Pam Eyerdam
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 8:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Transitioning from slides to digital images

I would like any input (or advise) about how academic institutions are
dealing with the following:

How visual collections that support Art History programs are handling slide
collections and educating faculty into the transition of using digital
images.

Do faculty expect the slide library staff to scan their images and burn a CD
or does faculty do it themselves ?  If the slide library staff does provide
such a service, how do you cover the cost of equipment and supplies ?

Does your faculty need to learn how to scan images from slides and burn a CD
and who would provide this type of training ?

How are departments setting up viewing equipment in classrooms (in regards
to slide projectors, digital projection, one or two screen viewing, etc. ??)
What kind of support is the university/college providing to properly equip
the classrooms to view digital images.

How are faculty using digital images in the classroom ?  Are they burning a
CD of images or using zip discs/ memory sticks/ jump drives, or going live
online, or simply refusing to use digital images?   Are faculty using 2
digital images on one screen, or using 2 screen projection (with a digital
image on each screen or one digital and one slide projection) ?

Has anyone established any type of policies or procedures relating to
digital images and their slide collections ?

Any input would be helpful and much appreciated !
Pam Eyerdam, Art Librarian and Head of Reference
Cleveland State University Library, Cleveland OH