Hi!

I am a MLIS student at St. Kate's (Dominican) in St. Paul, and I am interested in doing an independent study in Art Librarianship.  St. Kate's does not offer this class in the forseeable future, and I was unable to rustle up an old syllabus.  I took a course entitled Reference Sources in the Humanities, which touched upon the subject, but I wanted a more in depth look at Art Librarianship in particular.  I have my BA in Art History, and plan to (someday) get my MA in Art History, as well.

I suppose I am asking if anyone has any suggestions of where I might find a syllabus for an Art Librarianship course that would be easily adapted for an independent study, or any suggestions on how I would go about creating a course for myself.  I have several weeks to find or compile the course, but I don't want to waste time!  I hope to have something convincing and hopefully impressive to present to the professor I want to sponsor my Independent Study.

Thanks so much!

Reply off list if you wish.

Michele C. Monson
St. Paul, MN

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers! __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]