Hello,

Here at UC Irvine, the visual resources curator and I have been asked to develop an outreach plan to promote the UC Digital Image Service Demonstrator Project (for more information see http://www.cdlib.org/inside/projects/image/) amongst librarians, faculty, and students.  The UC Image Service is about a year old and we are finding it challenging to get the word out and to find campus users to enthusiastically incorporate it into their teaching and learning.

It would be much appreciated if any of you who have had experience promoting digital image resources could share your strategies with us or refer us to pertinent published reports, articles, or any other information that might help us get started.  Feel free to share any of your experiences, no matter how formal or informal, on or off list.  We will be working on this project until mid-July and will be happy to summarize any information you send our way as well as eventually share our findings.

Thank you,
Rina Vecchiola (and Maureen Burns)

--
Rina M. Vecchiola