Greetings colleagues,

The Photography Librarians Group met at the ARLIS/NA New York
conference. We will continue to function as an ad-hoc forum dedicated
to photographic literature, the research of photographic history,
collection development related to the study of photography,
photography libraries and photography collections, the creation of
digital facsimiles for photographically illustrated books ... you get
the idea. No dues, no bylaws, no official ARLIS stuff to worry about.
Just colleagues interested in photography.

The group was formed at the 2002 St. Louis ARLIS/VRA conference and
has met every year since. Thanks to those who helped with the initial
organization, especially James Soe Nyun and Miguel Juarez. We will
meet at the Houston conference and we are submitting
photography-related program proposals. This year Peter Blank will
serve as Chair. Barbara Rockenbach, Vice-Chair, will take over as
Chair at Houston. Miguel has graciously consented to continue hosting
our e-list, "Photolibs."

If such discussions sound appealing, subscribe to Photolibs. Traffic
is generally light, with occasional flurries of activity. Try it.
Subscription instructions follow.

1) Send a message to: [log in to unmask]

2) In the message area write: subscribe photolibs first name last name
For example: subscribe photolibs Peter Blank

3) List instructions will then be mailed to you.

The guidelines for Photolibs that Miguel and James formulated are
still in effect:

Scope of the Photolibs Listserve: Photolibs-L exists to facilitate
discussions on photography and libraries. It is open to librarians,
image professionals, archivists and any others interested in the
group's discussions.

Posting to Photolibs-L: This list is NOT moderated; therefore the
responsibility of the content of messages lies with the users.  To
make this a useful, interesting and productive list, we ask that you
follow these guidelines.

Appropriate Submissions: We encourage discussions on all facets of
photography and libraries.  Topics of interest to photography
librarians are encouraged, as well as those of interest to image
professionals and photography archivists.

Inappropriate Submissions -- Please do not distribute to the list:
1. Commercial advertisements.
2. Commercial solicitations.
3. Topics irrelevant to the purpose of the listserve.
4. Personal communications between individuals.
5. Messages with attachments.
6. Abusive messages, including personal criticism of listserve
members or others.
7. Personal or confidential information about others.
8. Messages devoted solely to humor or light conversation.

The list owner reserves the right to remove from the list any users
for violating the guidelines.

Regards to all,

Peter Blank
Peter P. Blank                        Phone: (312) 443-3665
Head, Reader Services                 FAX: 312.443.0964
Ryerson & Burnham Libraries           [log in to unmask]
Art Institute of Chicago
111 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL  60603