Well Allen, as I have recently emailed to another ARLIS correspondent, I am fascinated by the fact that DIVERSITY is the big word in ARLIS these days, but the board must feel that public art librarians are somehow “less than”, otherwise we would not have been dissolved, now would we?  Sincerely, Jeri Byrne, Fine Arts Reference, Beverly Hills Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: AllenT [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS/NA and Public Libraries - Open Forum in New York on April

Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

On Sunday, April 18, 3:30-4:30 PM, during the upcoming Annual Conference, a Public Library Forum has been programmed for the purpose of gathering feedback from the membership on the subject of public librarians and their future role in the Society.  Suzy Frechette and other members of the Executive Board will be present to discuss the recent dissolution of the Public Libraries Division, as well as the possibilities for raising the profile of public librarians within the administrative structure of ARLIS/NA.  Suzy and I would also welcome online ARLIS-L discussion in advance of the Conference event, for those who will not be able to attend the NYC meeting.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!

Best regards,

Allen

Allen K. Townsend, President, ARLIS/NA

Librarian

Amon Carter Museum

3501 Camp Bowie Blvd

Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Phone:  817 989 5073

Fax:  817 989 5079

All opinions are my own and not those of my employer

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask] Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]