I am somewhat intrigued to see all of the discussion about the Public Libraries open forum. I am a long time member of ARLIS/NA and will be starting a new position next week as an art librarian for a public library. I am looking forward to going to the NYC conference, to reconnect with ARLIS/NA and to investigate what resources/sessions are available for public librarians. Even with the dissolution of the public library division, I am hopeful that the open forum will bring positive results!

...alyssa

AllenT <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,
>

>On Sunday, April 18, 3:30-4:30 PM, during the upcoming Annual
>Conference, a Public Library Forum has been programmed for the purpose
>of gathering feedback from the membership on the subject of public
>librarians and their future role in the Society.  Suzy Frechette and
>other members of the Executive Board will be present to discuss the
>recent dissolution of the Public Libraries Division, as well as the
>possibilities for raising the profile of public librarians within the
>administrative structure of ARLIS/NA.  Suzy and I would also welcome
>online ARLIS-L discussion in advance of the Conference event, for those
>who will not be able to attend the NYC meeting.
>

>Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!
>

>Best regards,
>

>Allen
>

>Allen K. Townsend, President, ARLIS/NA
>
>Librarian
>
>Amon Carter Museum
>
>3501 Camp Bowie Blvd
>
>Fort Worth, Texas 76107
>
>Phone:  817 989 5073
>
>Fax:  817 989 5079
>

>All opinions are my own and not those of my employer

...alyssa
Alyssa G. Resnick
310-556-4394 voice/fax
310-428-1238 cell