Dear Colleagues,
Have you ever wondered what happened to the Elevated where the "French
Connection" chase scene was filmed? Some say it happened in Manhattan,
others claimed it was on Myrtle Avenue in Brooklyn. The El is no longer!
No more peeking into kitchens and sitting rooms as you fly by. Today
Myrtle Avenue is a lively area with a variety of ethnic restaurants.

Our evening will include a subway ride from the Roosevelt to the Clinton
Hill area where we will walk on flag stone sidewalks by elegant
brownstones, and the Pratt family mansions on Clinton Avenue. On our way
to Myrtle Avenue, we will tour the Pratt Library (Tiffany interiors) and
the Pratt power station, a historic landmark. We will have dinner at
Zaytoons, a Zagat-rated, very moderately priced Middle-Eastern
restaurant. The chocolate cake is to die for!

After dinner, options include continued socializing in local bars or a
stop at the Pratt Library for a nostalgic viewing of the French
Connection chase on the way to the return subway to Manhattan.

Larissa Beringer, Tony White and I look forward to welcoming you to
Clinton Hill.

Those who are interested are encouraged to
pre-register by contacting either me or Emily
Roth ([log in to unmask]).

For an overview of the "Monday Night with New Yorkers" event at the
ARLIS/NA 2004 Annual conference, follow this link:
http://artcataloging.net/arlisna/monday/template.html

Micheline Nilsen, Ph.D.
Reference Services Coordinator
Pratt Institute Library