Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Dear Colleagues and Friends,

This year's annual conference of the Library Association of the City University of New York, LACUNY Institute 2004, will be held on May 21, 2004, at the William and Anita Newman Conference Center of Baruch College (7th Floor), 151 East 25th Street, New York, NY 10010.

The title of the Institute is "The Teaching Library: Issues and Roadmaps," and will explore issues related to the changing role and new challenges facing the academic library, with special regards to new instructional paradigms, standards and expectations, and the implications of those for the entire institution and its total operations.

The debate will be led by such distinguished personalities like Dr. Larry Hardesty of Austin College, Mr. John Berry III of Library Journal, Prof. Trudi Jacobson of the University at Albany, Dr. Nancy Becker of St. Johns University, and Prof. Sharon Bonk of Queens College.  The conference format, by centralizing activities, allows for greater interaction, and the seating arrangement for lunch as well as the multi-course hot meals in a single location creates an environment conducive to conversations and exchanges over lunch. Vendors will be available during breaks and lunch, and their representatives will man all vendor tables. We hope you will join us for an enriching experience, and take advantage of every one of the above.

Registration fee is $40 for LACUNY member, $50 for non-member, and $30 for students. Please register at your earliest conference (as soon as possible if you can) to ensure your participation.

Registration is now available on the Institute website:
http://lacuny.cuny.edu/institute/2004/index.html

You may download the form at:
http://lacuny.cuny.edu/institute/2004/registration.html

So we hope to see you at Baruch on May 21, at 9 am.
Till then, have fun as you continue to serve our users/patrons/clients, and our profession.
Best wishes from The LACUNY Institute Planning Committee

Linda Jones Roccos, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Coordinator of Electronic Resources
College of Staten Island Library
City University of New York
2800 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, NY 10314
Tel. 718.982.4004
Fax. 718.982.4002
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]