Please forgive the cross-posting.

Hello. I am a new subscriber to this message service and would like to hear your thoughts on mentoring. It is a topic that interests me and that I have not seen discussed: Whether being or having a mentor, now that most of you are engaged professionally as librarians, impacts your career development? If you are a mentee or a mentor, in what way(s) does it impact career development?

Specifically, would mentoring a librarian from a traditionally underrepresented ethnic group be different from mentoring white librarians? And, what do we mean by professional mentoring and what does it entail?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Socorro Maria Pelayo
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]