Dear Art and Design School Librarians,
We hope that you are all planning to attend this
year's annual conference in New York and that the
highlight of that trip will be.....
the ADSL Division annual meeting on Saturday, April 17
from 3:30 - 5 pm.     Our agenda for the meeting is
posted below; please let us know of any additions
before the meeting.   As soon as we know the room
location, we will let you all know.

There will be an election for a new Vice-Moderator (or
2!) at the meeting.  This year we will also need a new
Co-Moderator to serve along with Amanda Gluibizzi
after the New York conference.    Amanda unfortunately
has a scheduling conflict and cannot attend the New
York conference.   The other vice moderator, Marjorie
Chenoweth, has left the field of art librarianship and
therefore will also not be at the meeting.
Nominations for Vice-Moderator and Moderator are
welcome both ahead of time and at the meeting.   If
you would like to nominate a colleague or yourself,
please send email to Nensi or me.

Before the conference, please check out our updated
web page (thanks to Alan Michelson) at:
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~b00t1us/artdesign/index.htm
(still a work in progress...)

Finally, we will also need a recorder for the session.
  If you are interested (willing?!), please email
Nensi or me.    We look forward to a fun meeting in
New York.

Art Libraries Society of North America
Art & Design School Library Division

Agenda
Annual Business Meeting
Saturday, April 17,  2004
3:30 – 5 pm
New York, Roosevelt Hotel
Room location: TBA

Welcome/ confirmation of a recorder/ passing of
division attendance sheet
Introduction of current officers
Moderator, 2003-2004:  Rachel Beckwith, Massachusetts
College of Art
Moderator, 2003-2004:  Nensi Brailo, California
College of the Arts
Vice-Moderator, 2003-2004: Amanda Gluibizzi, Art
Institute of Boston
ADSL Liaison with ARLIS/NA Executive Board:  Carol
Graney
Update Editor, 2003-2004: Elinor Nacheman, Rhode
Island School of Design Library
Web site Editor, 2003-2004: Alan Michelson, UCLA Arts
Library

Moderator’s report of strategic action plan items
Revised mission statement
Web site – Alan Michelson.  Discussion of use of web
site.

Sessions presented by ADSL Members/ Other Sessions of
Interest

Session I. Building Bridges Between Online Art
Information Resources
Moderator: Barbara Rockenbach, JSTOR
(Saturday, April 17, 10:30 – 12:00 pm)

Session V. Instructing Diverse Learners: Information
Literacy Competency in the Arts
Moderators: Rijn Templeton, University of Iowa  and
Betsy Peck Learned, Roger Williams University
(Saturday, April 17, 2:00 – 3:30 pm)

Session VII. Destruction and Reconstruction of
Cultural Heritage Affected by Wars: an International
Perspective
Moderators: Nensi Brailo, California College of the
Arts and Vibiana Bowman, Rutgers University
(Sunday, April 18, 9:00 – 10:30 am)

Session IX. Matters of Scale: the Nature of the
Smaller Art Library
Moderator: Sarah E. McCleskey, Clemson University
(Sunday, April 18, 9:00 – 10:30 am)

ADSL Liaison to ARLIS/NA Executive Board Report:

ARLIS/NA Update ADSL Division Column Editor’s Report:
Elinor Nacheman

Discussion of Proposals for 2004 Conference in
Houston, Texas

New Business (possible topics)

Selection of Vice-Moderator/s and Co-Moderator to work
with Amanda Gluibizzi.    Candidates?

Adjournment:

Rachel Beckwith
Public Services Librarian