Forwarded on behalf of Diane Zorich (see below).  Please do not respond to me.  Kerri Scannell (ARLIS-L Moderator)

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:10:43 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]
From: "Diane M. Zorich" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cataloguing Cultural Objects Guide:  "Open Comment" period

Open Comment Period
for
 Cataloguing Cultural Objects: A Guide to Describing Cultural Works
and Their Images" ("CCO")

The Visual Resources Association is actively soliciting comments on
its new cataloguing resource,  "Cataloguing Cultural Objects: A Guide
to Describing Cultural Works and Their Images" (known as CCO).

CCO was developed by representatives of the museum, library, archives
and visual resources communities to promote good descriptive
cataloging, shared documentation, and enhanced
end-user access.  It is now available in DRAFT form at
http://www.vraweb.org/CCOweb/index.html.

If you are responsible for descriptive cataloguing of cultural
objects or images at your institution, we invite you to review the
CCO Guide and tell us how we can make it more relevant and useful to
your work. Please send your comments to mailto:[log in to unmask].

Our "open comment" period will extend until July 1, 2004.  In the
Fall of 2004, the CCO project team will revise the Guide based upon
community input received by the July 1 date.

Please note that the CCO Guide has not been fully copyedited: we
wanted to get these guidelines to the community so that cataloguing
practitioners can start testing their applicability.  The Guide will
be copyedited prior to its Fall 2004 revision release.

Thank you.

Elisa Lanzi and Ann Whiteside
CCO Co-Project Managers
Visual Resurces Association
http://www.vraweb.org
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]