Hi everyone - it's certainly good to see that there is intense interest in
the nature of ARLIS/NA, its organization, and its future.  Surely this is a
sign of a dynamic, healthy organization.

If I might clarify a little, I would like to assure everyone that the
purpose of the upcoming Forum during the annual conference is to decide in
what form the public librarians WILL go forward.  I personally haven't heard
anyone say that they want public librarians out of the Society.  It was an
unfortunate concurrence of events two years ago that resulted in the
dissolution of the Division, an act that was completely within the rights of
the Board to do, but perhaps could have been handled in a more diplomatic
way.  Just a reminder:  all Board meeting minutes are available for all
members to see on the ARLIS/NA website.

I'm confident that we will come out of New York with a plan and timetable to
reconstitute our small but dedicated band of public librarians into an
official entity within ARLIS/NA.

Please drop by and add your opinions and advice at the Forum, which again is
on Sunday afternoon at 3:30 in the Sutton Suite of the Roosevelt Hotel.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Suzy Frechette
Head, Fine Arts Dept.
St. Louis Public Library
ARLIS/NA Midwest Regional Representative