Dear colleagues:

It is our pleasure to welcome you to The Art Libraries Society of North America: Members’ Exhibition, presented by the Queens College Art Center, April 15 through July 15.  We cordially invite you to the opening reception and artists’ gallery talks, on Sunday, April 18, 2004, 1 – 5 pm.

The exhibition presents the work of twenty three ARLIS/NA artists, in a diversity of media - paintings in oil, acrylic, watercolor and Chinese ink, drawings, prints, collages and assemblages, glass and fiber sculpture, mixed media, artists’ books and bookworks, photographs, and textiles. The artists include Margaret Boylan, Yvette Cortes, Mary Jane Cuneo, Deirdre Donohue, Kay Downey, Sheila D. Fox, Tom Greives, Annette Haines, Beth Hylen, B. J. Kish Irvine, Miguel Juarez, Joy Kestenbaum, Robert Lobe, Jae Jennifer Rossman, Janette Rozene, Marilyn Russell, Nina Stephenson, Carol S. Terry, Shannon Van Kirk, William Bond Walker, Tony White, Laurie Whitehill Chong, and Tammy Wofsey.

This is a unique and wonderful opportunity to see our colleagues’ art.  We promise that this exhibition - a testimony to the high level of art created within the Society - will be a surprise to all.  Don’t miss it.

The Art Libraries Society of North America: Members’ Exhibition is sponsored, in part, by the Art Libraries Society of North America, the Queens College Libraries, and the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, Queens College.

For more information, please visit http://qcpages.qc.edu/Library/art/artcenter03_04.html

Gallery hours: Mondays - Thursdays, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm, Fridays, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm until May 27th; then call for summer hours; closed weekends and holidays.

Directions:

1.  Subway and a bus: would cost $2.00 (the transfer is free) and take approximately 1 hour 15 minutes (directions to the college are posted at: www.qc.edu/directions  ).

2.  Long Island Rail Road (to Main Street Flushing) and a bus/taxi: would cost approximately $4.00 one way and the train takes 20 minutes from Penn Station. Then figure a taxi would take another $4.00, or a bus going along Main Street would cost $2.00.  Combined time would be under an hour.  See schedule at: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/lirr/

3.  Taxi: would cost $25-$30 one way, and take approximately 30-40 minutes.  This would be the fastest way.  We would suggest asking the taxi driver beforehand what it may cost as well as making sure he/she knows how to get to Queens College (posted on our directions website).

We very much look forward to welcoming you at this special event.

Suzanna & Alexandra

Suzanna Simor                         Alexandra de Luise
[log in to unmask]             [log in to unmask]
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]