Dear Colleagues,

Ted Goodman, the entire conference planning team, and I are very much
looking forward to seeing you in New York in a few short weeks.

As you develop agendas for your meetings and mull over whether or not to
meet during your assigned times, we'd like you to remember that ARLIS/NA
has an open meeting policy.  Any member attending the conference is invited
to attend any official ARLIS/NA business meeting.  In fact, this is an
excellent way for interested members to become involved in the work that we
as ARLIS/NA members do, and for you, as leaders and moderators, it is the
best way to recruit new members to your committees.

You should make sure that you have extra agendas.  If you decide to meet at
a different time and/or in a different place than is assigned to your
group, please advertise this change widely on ARLIS-L, your committee or
chapter web site, and by posting a message on the bulletin board at the
conference.  You should also inform your Executive Board liaison about your
changes.  Be sure to include information about when and where you will be
meeting.  If the meeting site is away from the Roosevelt, please include
detailed instructions so that those who are less familiar with New York are
able to find you.  There is nothing worse than getting up at 8:00 a.m. for
a meeting that really took place at some neat location off-site at 5:00
p.m. the previous day.  I know--I've been there, done that, and bought that
tee shirt.

Once you have finalized your plans, please send me a separate email with
this information.   This will free a meeting room for self-scheduling and
make it easier for us to keep track of the changes.

This will be a great conference.  Margaret

Margaret N. Webster
Knight Visual Resources Facility
College of Architecture, Art & Planning
B-56 Sibley Hall