Communicate, communicate, communicate!
Risk redundancy/boredom.
Include all staff in all stages of planning the new facility/service, as
        well as in all aspects of the training.
Inform your supervisor and even higher up every step of the way.
Inform other depts. at every step.
Inform library users, friends of the library, donors.

Best wishes,
Ellen Chapman
Univ. of Hawaii Library