The complete run of *all* the _Gilligan's Island_ series was
issued on video (VHS) by Columbia House in the early 1990's.
The series is still available from them, but one would have
to become a member of their Video Club to get their list of
available videocassettes (first selection only $4.95, plus
shipping and handling and applicable sales tax!).

Ebay is another possibility, both for individual videotapes and
the complete set (a set was listed today for $100, and a tape
for $15.00).  Amazon.com wasn't as comprehensive.

Apparently another set of _GI_ was very recently released by
Warner Home Video, but it doesn't include the Hamlet episode,
which featured Phil Silvers in the title role of 'The Producer.'
(UC-Santa Cruz and Library of Congress have that set.) I also
looked in the Bowling Green State University Popular Culture
Library catalog, but to no avail.

You could search on OCLC for a copy of the video to borrow, or
your faculty member could buy one on Ebay.  Which shall it be?
As the Skipper sang in his part as Polonius (to the tune of
Bizet's "Toreador Song," from _Carmen_) in that famous episode:
"Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
Do not forget,
Stay out of debt!"

--K.A. Bayruns