Dear Miguel and colleagues,

These are excellent questions and this is the time to be asking them.  I recently attended the ALA Arts Section in San Diego (as did other of my ARLIS colleagues) and they were asking some similar questions about themselves.  Only their membership has Increased by 10%.  Leslie and I will be anxious to get both questions like these and solutions for the Strategic Plan at the membership meeting.

I also think that such questions can be brought up at the Diversity Forum, which is scheduled to be at 3pm on Monday the 19th.  I encourage all ARLIS members to come to the Forum which is an encore to the successful Diversity Forum in Baltimore.  There are issues out there and this is the place to explore them.  We will have a guest speaker, Jerome Offord who is the ARL Program Officer for Training and Diversity, and he should offer us some suggestions on turning at this crossroads.  I look forward to seeing you all there again.

many thanks,

Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Outgoing Diversity Committee Co-chair
Incoming Strategic Planning Committee Co-chair