Thanks to a generous donor, we now have electronic access to Art Index and
Art Sales Index.  Our library is open to the public. Members of the Museum
may borrow materials.  We are thinking about providing searches for our
users -- we are the only library in the vicinity which has these databases.
(The closest is Univ. of Cal. at Santa Barbara 10 or so miles away with
inconvenient parking).  We're thinking of offering free searches to members,
but charging non-members.  We're also considering charging any non-staff
member.  I'm here only 20 hrs a week and am afraid I'll be bogged down doing
searches for people and nothing else!

Question: do any of you (especially museum libraries) charge a fee for
searches?

Heather Brodhead, Librarian
Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Fearing Library
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101-2746
Tel:  805.884.6451    Fax:   805.966.6840