Thank you to everyone who answered my query about opac vendors.  My supervisor is still looking through all of the replies and has expressed great appreciation for the information provided.  If anyone is interested, I will be glad to forward what I received.  Here is a summary.  Once a decision is made, I can share that, too.

Past Perfect: good, low cost; can get a fully functioning trial cd

Mandarin Automation System by SIRS: inexpensive but user has had many problems

Sagebrush Athena: inexpensive; “Sagebrush had a fantastic look, but did not import the subfield b of the 090.”

Follet: inexpensive, performs well at importing records from RLIN

Caspr: inexpensive, but tends to import odd punctuation marks.

SIRSI net customer: very pleased. Did not have to buy hardware or software

Thanks again.

Joy Robinson

Slide Curator

Department of Art and Design

Winthrop University

Rock Hill, SC 29733

Phone: 803-323-2668

Email: [log in to unmask]

Slide Library Assistant

Mint Museum of Art

2730 Randolph Road

Charlotte, NC 28207

Phone: 704-337-2065

Email: [log in to unmask]

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]