Dear colleagues,
    In preparation for the next Update column, I would like to hear from as many ADSL division members as possible who maintain picture files within their collections. When responding, please keep in mind the following questions and feel free to elaborate as much as you'd like:

1. What is the approximate size of your picture collection?

2. Is this a circulating collection?

3. Does a staff member weed and add images on a regular basis?

4. Have you considered, or actually started digitizing your collection? If you have, what pro's and con's have you discovered in the process?

5. Additional thoughts or comments, particularly with regard to maintaining a picture collection in the age of digitization.

   Thanks very much, in advance for your input. If you have any news you would like to see included in the next column with regard to yourself (ie. awards, publications, position change, etc. ) or about your library (noteworthy gifts, renovations, etc.), please send that information to me as well. Thanks,

Ellie

Elinor Nacheman
Catalog/Reference Librarian
RISD Library