We are debating the correct pronunciation of the word "animalier."  Some of us pronounce it as it is said in French: "ahneemahleeay", while others are arguing for the pronunciation that appears in Webster's Third New International Dictionary: "animahlear". (I hope these approximations of the phonetics make sense)  Are there any lexicons of art historical language that show the more French pronunciation of this word?  If so, what are they and how does the entry read?

With thanks in advance for your assistance,

Frances B. Clymer
Librarian
McCracken Research Library
Buffalo Bill Historical Center