The final draft agenda for the CC:DA meetings at ALA is available at:

http://www.libraries.psu.edu/tas/jca/ccda/agen0401.html

These should be exciting meetings, since much of the discussion will concern work for AACR3.  They are open meetings, but the documents being discussed are rarely distributed at the meeting.  If you want to follow the discussion you should print out any relevant document before coming.  (Links to the available documents are provided in the agenda.)
Agenda item number 9 (Follow-up on proposed revision to Appendix D, Glossary - Coloured illustration: Attig (3:40, 10 min.) directly concerns our work.  The ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory Committee has discussed this proposal, and has taken the following position:
1. We affirm the importance of recording whether or not illustrations are in color.
2. We still prefer dropping the formal definition of color illustration in the Glossary of AACR3 all together, even though this approach has received little support.
3. If there must be a definition we support John Attig's proposed definition:  Coloured illustration: An illustration containing any colour other than black or white or shades of gray.

Daniel Starr
ARLIS/NA CC:DA Representative

Daniel Starr
Manager of Bibliographic Operations