Fellow members -
Just wanted to announce a recent publication on the work of self-taught artist and woodcarver Albert Zahn titled, I'll Fly Away.  It was co-published by INTUIT and the John Michael Kohler Arts Center on the occasion of the exhibition, Albert Zahn: I'll Fly Away, June 1-September 7, 2003.

"The countless works Zahn made attest to his ongoing appreciation for the heavenly creatures here on earth--the beauty, power, and elegance of birds--and the limitless potential within all people. As the Birdman of Door County, Zahn shared his belief, for all to see, that we all have the ability to soar in the heavens."

Leslie Umberger, Albert Zahn: I'll Fly Away, page 3, 2003

For those institutions which we exchange catalogs with you can look forward to obtaining this item in 2004. For others if you are interested in obtaining this book for your collection it is available through the Resource Center at John Michael Kohler Arts Center for $16.50 plus S+H.

Thanks much,

Amy Ruffo
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Resource Center Assistant