This announcement has already been posted to VRA-L and the VRA web site, but here it is, for the benefit of ARLIS-L readers who perhaps have not seen it elsewhere. I am on the committee and would be happy to answer any questions I can. I should add that the position is within the faculty union and the salary range is established by a collective bargaining contract.  Screening begins on January 15.

Linda Zieper
Art librarian
UMass Dartmouth

The job posting:

Visual Resources Curator, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
Full-time position in the College of Visual and Performing Arts reporting to the Art History Department. This position serves the visual arts departments of the College and a large and diverse student population. The Visual Resources Curator is responsible for managing all aspects of the Visual Resources Collection, including the maintenance, development, and cataloguing of visual images. The candidate should have experience with FileMaker Pro or IRIS and digital imaging software. Required qualifications: BA in Art History or related field; two years of progressively responsible experience in field, with an interest in new technology to enhance learning and teaching. Strong
communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills. Preferred qualifications: MA/MLS or equivalent degree or experience.Competitive salary and benefits.

Send letter of application, CV, and names of three references to:
Visual Resources Curator Search Committee/Laura Franz
College of Visual and Performing Arts
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]