Samantha,

The ARLIS/NA website Visual Resources Division has a section called Members
Online Image Catalogs, Databases, and Research sites :
http://www.chatham.edu/users/staff/dnolting/images.html

The main VRD site may also be useful as well for some of your general
questions,

http://www.chatham.edu/users/staff/dnolting/

Mary Wassermann
Associate Librarian
Philadelphia Museum of Art
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Hi,

I am a student at UBC in Vancouver and I have a couple of questions about
creating and maintaining a database or catalogue for a slide collection.  I
am working on two different projects, one for a smallish collection within
the Art Department of a college, and the other for a larger collection from
a gallery.  Does anyone have suggestions as to which databases are best for
this kind of thing?  In both cases, I think the ultimate goal is a
searchable database with images.  I am just starting out on this project, so
I'm still doing some research as far as describing and determining access
points.

I'd appreciate any help any of you could give me off-list.

thanks very much,

Samantha Duncan
---
Samantha Duncan