Re: [ARLIS-L] A message from the President about the p
Allen,
I hope this is a suggestion and not an order.  Frankly, i'm too busy to visit the website every day; but i want to see posted jobs in a timely manner and my email is always open. In other words, for me the open postings are a service; in this case, the website isn't.  For others, the opposite could be true.

I request that you please let the list continue as it is.

Thanks for your time,
--shannon
Shannon Van Kirk
Head, Wertz Art & Architecture Library
7B Alumni Hall
Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
tel.: (513) 529-6650
FAX: (513) 529-4159

Dear ARLIS/NA Members and ARLIS-L Subscribers,
During the past week several employment opportunities of prime interest to our community of visual arts information professions have been posted to this listserv.  As a reminder, please remember that ARLIS/NA offers job posting services through the ARLIS/NA Website's JobNet program.  The Society charges a very reasonable fee to include postings of open positions in the field, and the JobNet page provides a compilation of recent position postings.  For more information, please visit:
http://www.arlisna.org/jobs.html
Headquarters Staff developed JobNet several years ago at the request of the Executive Board.  Because using JobNet takes care of posting open positions to both ARLIS-L AND the ARLIS/NA website for you, we believe it is a preferable method of advertising open positions.
Allen K. Townsend, President, ARLIS/NA

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]