The Research Awards Committee has two vacancies and solicits Society members
who are interested in serving.  The Committee will be co-chaired again this
year (as last year) by Eric Schwab and Polly Trump.

Committee work consists of notifying assigned chapters (each member has two
or three chapters to contact) of the submission deadline, reading and
thoughtfully considering applicants' work, deliberating online with the
Committee to make awards for the H.W. Wilson Foundation Research Grant, the
Worldwide Books Award for Publications, and the Worldwide Books Award for
Electronic Resources.  The heaviest work for Committee members falls in
November when we read the applications and make our decisions.

The Research Awards Committee will meet in New York on Friday, April 16,
2004 at 4:30.  Attendance at the meeting is not mandatory for Committee
membership, so if you are unable to be in New York, please do not let that
stop you from volunteering.

If you are interested in joining the Committee or have any questions, please
contact Polly Trump by Friday, February 6, 2003. We would love to have you.

Polly Trump
------------------------------
Polly Trump, MLS
Fine Arts Librarian
University of Arizona
PO Box 210075
Tucson, AZ 85721-0075

520.621.2049 (voice)
520.626-1630 (fax)

Eric Schwab
Assistant Director
Knight Visual Resources Facility
College of Architecture, Art and Planning
Cornell University
http://www.aapvrf.cornell.edu <http://www.aapvrf.cornell.edu/>
http://www.vraweb.org <http://www.vraweb.org/>