Dear Colleagues,

We are in the process of examining using MARC records for cataloging digital images at Syracuse University Library. This is part of an on-going effort we've been engaged in the past several months. We began with IRIS and have now decided to examine our options in MARC format.

I would be very interested in hearing from those of you who use MARC. I am wondering what kind of sharing of records/authority files for works of art is currently being undertaken, if any and if there are any existing groups or consortium who have joined to discuss and share data using MARC.
Harriet.

Harriet Sonne de Torrens
Head, Fine Art Department
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY  13244-2010
(315) 443-5332
Administrator: Medart-L, Discussion Group for Medievalists
Web Pages: Baptisteria Sacra, <http://www.library.utoronto.ca/bsi>