On behalf of the Professional Development Committee it is my pleasure to announce Cathy Billings of Seattle, WA as the recipient of the 2003-2004 ARLIS/NA Internship Award.  Cathy has a background in art history and library management and is graduating from the University of Washington’s Information School this semester.  We expect great things from her with the internship and look forward to seeing what she accomplishes in the next year.

The selection of a recipient was particularly competitive this year as the PDC received 17 very strong applications.  A big thanks to the Membership Committee for getting the announcement out to LIS school contacts – this definitely helped us get so many applications this year.

Best Regards,

Heather

Heather Ball

PDC Chairperson

Art and Architecture Librarian

Virginia Tech

302 Cowgill Hall

Blacksburg, VA 24062-9001

ph 540.231.9272

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]