Dear Colleagues,

Recently, as we made a cursory survey of college and university library websites, we found that while many libraries already list Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide (http://19thc-artworldwide.org) on their websites, others still don't, thus depriving their students of the knowledge of the existence of our Journal.  It would help us greatly if art librarians would add Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide to the link section of your institutional websites.

I thus am writing today to ask you to list the Journal on your library web page.  The Journal is available free of charge to all, but a group of academic and museum libraries have already agreed to make a small donation (from $50 to $100) by way of a voluntary subscription. (The libraries tell us how much they can afford, and we will bill them accordingly.)  All libraries that give us such a donation are listed on our sponsor list.  Of course, if libraries cannot pay us anything, we still encourage you to list NCAW among your electronic journals.  Please also note that the Art Index has recently begun the cataloguing process to list the Journal in their database.  They also have asked that we become one of their full-text journals.  Similarly, the Bibliography of the History of Art will begin publishing its abstracts of articles and reviews as early as June of next year in their database.

I hope you will be able to assist us in this worthy effort and that you will also consider donating to the Journal.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or telephone at 413-559-5493, [log in to unmask] or at [log in to unmask] Thank you again for your assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Sura

Sura Levine
Promotions Manager, NCAW
Associate Professor of Art History
Hampshire College
CS
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 559-5493 (phone)
(413) 559-5438 (fax)
Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]