It's almost Thanksgiving and I'm thankful that Jonathan Franklin is our AWS
editor. He has again almost instantaneously put the new issue of Update up
on the web at http://www.arlisna.org/arlismembers/updatedec2003.html,
within the members-only area. This issue is a short one, with reports from
President Allen Townsend on the mid-year Executive Board meeting, a
thoughtful article from the Academic Libraries Division on the need to
recruit future librarians, and reports from the Mountain West and New
England chapter. The issue features a long Bibliographic Notes column with
annotated listings of web sites on subjects ranging from the agencies
engaged in protecting international art and the cultural heritage of
Afghanistan and Iraq to listings of foundations offering grants in the
arts, and a short list of interesting new web sites in the arts. Happy
holiday reading!

Linda Zieper
Update Editor