Dear ARLIS/NA Members and Colleagues,

During the Mid-Year Meetings of the ARLIS/NA Executive Board, a motion
was passed to re-instate the Diversity Committee as a Standing Committee
of the Society.  Given the overwhelming response to the Diversity Forum
in Baltimore, the Board decided that it was important to address this
ongoing concern in a more permanent way within the Society's structure.
This group has already begun its work, forging closer ties to ARLIS/NA's
larger affiliate organizations with well-defined diversity programs such
as SLA and ALA's Office of Diversity.

The Committee's charge will be to continue to create greater awareness
of issues related to diversity, as well as facilitating integration of
these issues into all levels of the Society's activities and programs.
During the coming months, Past-President, Daniel Starr will act as the
Board's liaison to the Committee which will be co-chaired by Marilyn
Russell and Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos, both of whom will be stepping
down as Co-Chairs in 2004.  Other Committee members are:

Laurel Bliss

Tom Greives

Miguel Juarez

Vanessa Kam

Jing Liao

Elinor Nacheman

Maria Sampang

Shannon van Kirk

I look forward to working with this Committee as we plan for the
upcoming New York Conference!

Best regards,

Allen

Allen K. Townsend, President, ARLIS/NA

Librarian

Amon Carter Museum

3501 Camp Bowie Blvd

Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Phone:  817 989 5073

Fax:  817 989 5079

All opinions are my own and not those of my employer