Policies for bibliographies/pathfinders

Dear Colleagues,

At the Rakow Research Library of The Corning Museum of Glass, much of our reference activity is long distance, responding to questions received by email or telephone.  We have developed an extensive collection of bibliographies or pathfinders relating to the art, history and techniques of glass and glassmaking.  We are evaluating their organization and future dissemination possibilities through our website.  We would welcome input from other libraries.

1. Does your library create and preserve bibliographies?

2. Do you have a formal definition of "selected bibliography" or "pathfinder"?

3. How are your bibliographies organized?

4. Do you have standards for their creation, such as naming conventions or topic identification?  Do you use a uniform vocabulary?

5. How inclusive are your bibliographies - basic / selected / extensive?  How do you define when you use each level?  Do you have guidelines for selecting materials to be included in a bibliography?

6. Other comments?

Please reply to:  [log in to unmask]  or [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your help!

Beth Hylen and Gail Bardhan
The Rakow Research Library
The Corning Museum of Glass
Five Museum Way
Corning, NY 14830

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]